Precautionary Measures in Response to COVID-19
The resort will continue its measured approach with health and safety measures such as capacity control, health screenings, temperature checks, requiring face masks, social distancing, and increased cleaning and sanitization. The park’s operation and related arrangements will continue to be reviewed on an ongoing basis and adjusted as necessary according to the latest government regulations.
Social Distancing and Capacity Measures
The park will continue to control capacity as required by the government. Guests will be required to make a reservation for their visit date with a valid admission ticket or membership card through the Hong Kong Disneyland Park Visit Reservation website, up to seven days prior to arrival. Magic Access members can make reservations one day in advance. Guests are also required to make a health declaration as part of the reservation process. For details please visit here.
Social distancing measures have been implemented in queues, restaurants (including seating arrangements), attraction vehicles and other facilities throughout the park, reflecting the latest government regulations. Markers and signage are included in queues and show viewing areas to remind guests to keep an appropriate social distance from others.
All rides and theaters will operate with controlled capacity and social distancing measures, allowing for distancing between groups of guests on the same ride vehicle and with spaced seating. Special seating arrangements will also be introduced inside restaurants with food being served with covers or packaging and pre-packed cutlery. Guests are encouraged to use contactless payment when possible.
Some interactive experiences including parades, close interactions and close-up photos with characters will be suspended during the initial phase of reopening.
Guests can check the availability of attractions and entertainment offerings through the resort’s official website and mobile app.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
- Temperature screenings are conducted at all entry points for all guests and cast members before entering the premises. Anyone with a temperature at 37.5°C or above may not enter.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask during their visit, except when enjoying food or drinks at catering premises.
- There is increased cleaning and sanitization throughout the resort. High-touch locations, such as ride vehicles, handlebars, queue railings and turnstiles will be cleaned more frequently.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at attraction entrances and exits, merchandise shops and restaurants. For locations please refer to here or the resort’s official mobile app.
- Air conditioning systems are regularly checked and cleaned to ensure good, constant circulation of fresh air at indoor locations.
- Cast members are required to wear a face mask while performing their work, except when performing outdoor with the required social distance or partition as effective buffer with guests. For roles that require further precautionary standards, such as handling food and beverages, medical treatment or waste, a higher protective gear requirement is implemented.
- Cast members will receive training on procedures with an emphasis on contactless guest interaction, cleaning and social distancing.
We all have an important role to play in promoting health and safety. As we do our part, we also ask our guests to do theirs, by wearing face masks and respecting social distancing and our other guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the situation in the local community. The practices we have put in place may evolve as we consider the latest guidance from the government and local health authorities. Find the latest health advice and government updates by visiting the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) Coronavirus
Health and Safety Standards
As part of our commitment to the wellbeing of our guests, cast members and the larger community, we have high cleaning standards, with health and safety measures such as:
Tips to maintain good personal hygiene and promote good health
- Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis.
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of high-contact areas.
- Quick response by our professional custodial team to spills, trash and other situations.
- High standards and consistency for our operating tenants and contractors with cleaning procedures and the use of disinfectant products.
- Perform hand hygiene frequently. Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing. If tissues are not available, cough into clothes or upper sleeves.
- When having respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, wear a surgical mask, avoid going to crowded places or close interpersonal contact with others and seek medical advice promptly.
- Dispose of used face masks and tissues into a lidded rubbish bin, and then clean hands thoroughly.
- Rubbish should be properly wrapped up and discarded into lidded rubbish bins.
- Please refer to the CHP website for the proper way of wearing face masks. You can also learn the latest health advice and Government updates by visiting the CHP Coronavirus webpage.