Precautionary Measures in Response to COVID-19 (commonly referred to as novel coronavirus)
During this initial reopening phase, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will implement measures and procedures that comply with government regulations and focus on the needs of guests and cast members. These will include social distancing with capacity control and enhanced health and safety measures across various experiences, from queues and dining to entertainment.
Given the constantly changing global health environment, these practices may evolve as we consider the latest guidance.
Social Distancing and Capacity Measures
To promote social distancing among guests, Hong Kong Disneyland will reopen with controlled capacity during the initial phase. Guests are required to make an online reservation for their selected visit date with a valid admission ticket through the Hong Kong Disneyland Park Visit Reservation website within seven days prior to arrival. Guests are also required to make a health declaration as part of the Park Visit Reservation process. For details please visit here.
Social distancing measures have been implemented in queues, attractions and rides, shows and entertainment offerings, restaurants and other facilities throughout the park. Markers and signage are included in queues and show viewing areas to remind guests to keep an appropriate social distance from others.
All rides and theaters will operate with controlled capacity and social distancing measures to support social distancing between groups of guests on the same ride vehicle and accommodate spaced seating. Special seating arrangements will also be introduced inside restaurants with food being served with covers or packaging and pre-packed cutlery. Guests are encouraged to use contactless payment when possible.
Character experiences will also be adjusted during appearances to take photos at a distance. Some interactive experiences including parades, close interactions and close-up photos with characters will be suspended during the initial phase of reopening.
Guests can check the availability of attractions and entertainment offerings through the resort’s official website and mobile app.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
- Temperature screenings are conducted at all entry points for all guests and cast members before entering the premises. Anyone with a temperature at 37.5°C or above may not enter.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask during their visit, except when enjoying food or drinks at catering premises.
- There is increased cleaning and sanitization throughout the resort. High-touch locations, such as ride vehicles, handlebars, queue railings and turnstiles will be cleaned more frequently.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at attraction entrances and exits, merchandise shops and restaurants. For locations please refer to here or the resort’s official mobile app.
- Air conditioning systems are regularly checked and cleaned to ensure good, constant circulation of fresh air at indoor locations.
- Cast members are required to wear a face mask while performing their work. For roles that require further precautionary standards, such as handling of food and beverages, medical treatment or waste, a higher protective gear requirement is implemented.
- Cast members will receive training on procedures with an emphasis on contactless guest interaction, cleaning and social distancing.
We all have an important role to play in promoting health and safety. As we do our part, we also ask our guests to do theirs, by wearing face masks and respecting social distancing and other guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the situation in our community. The practices we have put in place may evolve as we consider the latest guidance from the government and local health authorities. Find the latest health advice and Government updates by visiting the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) Coronavirus
Health and Safety Standards
At Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, the health and safety of our cast members and guests is our top priority. As part of our commitment to the wellbeing of our guests, cast members and the larger community, we have high cleaning standards, with health and safety measures such as:
- Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis.
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of high-contact areas.
- Quick response by our professional custodial team to spills, trash and other situations.
- High standards and consistency for our operating tenants and contractors with cleaning procedures and the use of disinfectant products.
We actively monitor public health situations and make updates based on guidance from local, national and international health agencies.Tips to maintain good personal hygiene and promote good health
- Perform hand hygiene frequently. Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover the mouth and nose with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing. If tissue is not available, cough into clothes or upper sleeves.
- When having respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, wear a surgical mask, avoid going to crowded places or close interpersonal contact with others and seek medical advice promptly.
- Dispose of used face masks and tissues into a lidded rubbish bin, and then clean hands thoroughly.
- Rubbish should be properly wrapped up and discarded into lidded rubbish bins.
- Please refer to the CHP website for the proper way of wearing face masks. You can also learn the latest health advice and Government updates by visiting the CHP Coronavirus webpage.